Ok, so I needed a new playlist for the race in the morning.
For whatever reason, hard rock gets me moving a little faster for the 5k races, even though I rarely ever listen to it otherwise.
Now this playlist is a *tad* short so I threw on an oddball song to the end just to make sure I have enough music to make it to the end of the race. I can’t get too cocky, you know. Playlist is 20.7 minutes long without oddball last song, 24.7 minutes with the 7th song.
I decided while writing this post that Eye of the Tiger had to get off this playlist. So I’m up for suggestions. I’ve got one to try tomorrow, we’ll see how it fits in there at the end. Or maybe I should just run faster and lob off the 7th song all together. So now playlist is 23.9 minutes. Good stuff.
Without further adieu, my list–
1. The Beautiful People- Marylin Manson
2. Last Resort- Papa Roach
3. Bodies- Drowning Pool
4. Push it- Static X (this is the newest addition to the playlist, great song to get you moving)
5. Down with the Sickness- Disturbed
6. Break Stuff- Limp Bizkit (angry at the end of the race, you know, gets the blood flowing and the feet moving.)
7. Eye of the Tiger- Survivor (this one really needs to go, but, I dont have a 2-4 minute song to replace it with yet, so it still hangs on)
New 7.- Meet the Creeper– Rob Zombie. (lyrics are just “eh” for running, but it’s better than Eye of the Tiger)
With all that being said, if you wonder where I get these primal raging screams from at the end of a race; youtube a few of the songs on my playlist and you’ll understand.
Angry. Fast. Hard.
Yup, that pretty much sums it up.
Now if only I could get this going for a whole 1.5 hours for a half marathon, I’d really be in business.
Look for a Goodyear 5k race report sometime tomorrow night. Gotta get it done tomorrow or not at all, Sunday has a hellafied long run in store. Like 15ish miles.